Not only are barramundi great to look at and feed at our centre, they are also very tasty!
Find our recipe book display in the interpretive centre and scroll through the pages for beautiful meal suggestions.
Here is a recipe that you can easily make at home, delicious and healthy:
Crispy-skinned barramundi with garlic and herb oil
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, halved crossways
- 400g tomato medley mix
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 2/3 cup Australian extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (150g each) boneless barramundi fillets with skin on
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons neatly chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 small lemon, rind zested into strips, juiced
Step 1: Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
Step 2: Place vegetables on prepared tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Bake for 12 minutes.
Step 3: Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add fish, skin-side down. Cook for 2 minutes or until skin is very crispy around edges and centre is just starting to crisp. Place fish, skin-side up, on top of vegetables on tray. Bake for 4 minutes or until fish is just cooked through and vegetables are tender.
Step 4: Heat remaining oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant (do not brown). Add chives and parsley. Cook for 1 minute. Remove pan from heat. Add lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Step 5: Serve barramundi and vegetables drizzled with warm garlic and herb oil.